Stourport 2010

Stourport 2010
Winning vase 5x 'Sarah Louise'

Sunday 5 May 2013

The National Vegetable Society

 
I have been a member of the NVS for several years now and have travelled as far as the New Forest to attend NVS shows. Now, much to my delight, I have been asked and I have accepted to be Secretary of the new West Midland D.A. Unfortunately I missed our very first meeting as I was still in hospital but our second meeting is coming up 30th May. Our guest speaker is my friend David Metcalfe who will be covering subjects such as growing with straw, growing in pots and caulis. The venue and times for anyone interested:
WEST MIDS D.A
Fairfield Village Hall
Fairfield
Bromsgrove
Worcs
Opens 7pm for an 8pm start.
ALL ARE WELCOME
NVS MEMBERS FREE
GUEST FREE ON FIRST VISIT
We run a good raffle and have things to sell throughout the year. Our chairman is my very good friend Mick Poultney (compost guru). He informs me there was over 70 people there at the first meeting proving how popular the NVS is becoming.
With so many NVS members in one room, you have a fountain of knowledge at your fingertips- all you need to do is turn up!
 
Hope to see you there and I shall be posting some pictures from our next meeting...

2 comments:

  1. I did try to enter a comment earlier Adam, to say I'd read your blogs and thoroughly enjoyed them - even if I did feel a tad sorry for your maw, looking after three plots under your direction, until you are back on your feet. I'd love to read her blog about that experience.
    Will certainly keep reading - but don't know how this box works - when I tried to sign out as Beanstew, I was asked to become a blogger instead - and my comment didn't appear. Maybe other technoduffers are having problems too. Hoping this one registers, and hoping to learn lots from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ado Sheila
    Tar for the positive comments- appreciated. I hope you'll learn plenty on here- there's always summat to learn- i'm learning all the time!
    Not sure why you were having problems with posting but hope you've got it sorted now mate.
    Speak soon

    ReplyDelete