Stourport 2010

Stourport 2010
Winning vase 5x 'Sarah Louise'

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Better late than never...

I went along to the Malvern spring show the other weekend and have been asked to put some photos on here from the weekend's events. Unfortunately I was that busy looking round and chatting to folks I knew that I didn't get much chance to take photos. However lucky for you guys I did manage get a few shots...
The National veg society's overall display in the hall. Consisting of both flowers and veg. They deserved a first for this.

Mick asked me if i'd take a photo of him talking a load of crap... or was it compost? - he's definitely got too much time on his hands... all that chopping?!*?!

The NVS always do a good display on their stand. There was some beautiful veggies on there and tomatoes at this time of year!

Wherever I go there's always someone who wants their photo taken with me! Let me introduce you to the new Chairman and Secretary of the West Midland District Association (NVS)...



Moving on... we had our first committee meeting last night at the Swan Inn Fairfield for our new D.A. I'm pleased to say we have 6 fantastic guys on the team who i'm sure will help Mick and I to push the popularity of the D.A. One of them is a good friend of mine, John Guest from Kidderminster, who I now know follows this blog! John's a lovely down-to-earth guy and is one of those people you feel like you've known for years. John is now our raffle secretary ad members secretary- he's a good egg and a great asset to the committee.
Our next meeting is the 30th May (next Thursday) and our speaker is David Metcalfe who will be talking on growing veg in containers, growing with straw and touching on growing for exhibition. I personally have heard David's talks and I know he is an exceptional grower, having dealt with him for the past three or four years. The meeting is held at Fairfield Village Hall near Bromsgrove and starts at 8pm. Each meeting we have a good raffle and refreshments are provided. There will be the opportunity to purchase/order NVS polo shirts etc on the night so please do come along with your wallet and help us raise the money we need to keep the association going. NVS members are free and visitors will get their first visit free- thereafter they will be required to join the NVS and receive the benefits of membership. Anyone interested in our meeting please email me for more information....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment