Stourport 2010

Stourport 2010
Winning vase 5x 'Sarah Louise'

Sunday 5 May 2013

I'm back again but i'm half the man i used to be!

Best in show collection

Competing against my very good friend Derek Walker
Unfortunately I haven't been able to get on here for some time as back in February I was rushed into hospital with severe lower abdominal pain. Having gone through several scans it was decided I had something called incerception of the bowel (or summat like that!). I was told it was life threatening and I was rushed down to surgery immediately. The op took 2 hors longer than expected due to different complications. Anyhow I was released after a fortnight with an open wound infected with E coli! I could hardly walk and had lost over 2 stone and had very little appetite. My skin rejected the staples and when removed at home by the district nurse the wound dehisced (completely opened)... you could see the internal stitches and everything!!!!! AAARRRGGGHH! So to cut a long story short im here at home, off work, not able to lift, bend or anything like that. I get so tired quickly but I am moving about more now and the nurses are coming in every other day to redress the wound.
So I apologise to my regular followers who may have thought I had given up on this blog.
Having sat at home with plenty of time to think I have reconsidered my decision to show less and have now got several things growing for the shows this year including celery, onions and shallots. Needless to say my mum is doing the allotment under my supervision (lol) until im fighting fit again which im told is going to be a long while yet.
I will post some pictures of these things soon now I have more time on my hands so please bear with me and hopefully I can build interest back up on this blog... bye for now....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment