Stourport 2010

Stourport 2010
Winning vase 5x 'Sarah Louise'

Friday 6 January 2012

It's been A while since my last post as it's been very quite here except for a few odd jobs that needed doing. I hope everybody had a good Christmas and happy new year to you all.
we went down south for Christmas again and so my leeks went to their holiday home where I have a very good man to look after them. I've got them back now and they've been repotted since coming back. I'm trialling my own woe wry compost in their mixture this year and a few other 'popular' additives.
I managed to box up all the dahlia tubers before going away.I've used the old compost from the cucumbers grow bags to box them up in and just given them a light water to keep the compost damp.
My chrysanthemums are throwing up a lot of healthy looking shoots which should be ready for cutting in a couple of weeks time. I shall then be sowing my 8oz onions aswell. I had taken photos to accompany this report but I'm doing this from my iPad and it won't let me upload them for some reason so when I get my laptop working properly I'll post the photos then.
I had a nice surprise when I went and bought my copy of garden news last week as my name was in it under the listing of top tray winners.
I've got a busy week ahead so I'll see you soon.
That's all folks!

1 comment: